Irrigated Cropping Council host events to share the latest news and innovations in the industry.
ICC Summer Crops Field Walk
Registration is required to join us at the ICC research site in Wandella, VIC (corner of Gitsham Lane and Hallinan rd) from 9 am to 12 pm for a field walk through the summer crop research trials and a discussion on the interim results and outcomes from the projects.
Topics to be discussed on the day:
• Levers to maximise profitability of grain maize – Nick Poole (FAR Australia) and Damian Jones (ICC) will discuss the results from the first 2 years of GRDC investment ‘Optimising Irrigated Grains’.
• Value of summer pulses in the rotation, and the role of inoculation – Audrey Delahunty (Agriculture Victoria)
• Summer variety update – Pioneer Seeds & Pacific Seeds
• Getting harvest right to maximise fodder returns (TBC)
The field walk will be followed by a light lunch and an opportunity to share and learn with other growers, and our ICC sponsors.
This is a COVID safe event, you will be required check-in and to meet all current Vic Gov regulations.
Register and RSVP to
or 0412 400 484
Riverine Plains Innovation Expo
Using IPM in Maize
(meet in the maize paddock along Brewer Rd just before
We will using a drone to apply the following to a maize crop to
control Two-spotted mite:
• Persimilis predatory mites
All welcome to come along and learn about using alternative
methods and technology to control insect pests in maize.
For More Information please contact Liz Mann
0427 857 578 or email [email protected]
Smarter Irrigation for Profit bus tour
9am to 4pm
Ulumbarra Theatre, Gaol Road
Cost (in AUD$): 2 days – $200, 1 day – $130, Student 2 days – $120, 1 day – $80